CHURCH STATUS UPDATE
(COVID - 19)
Our Facility is Currently CLOSED.
We continue to closely monitor the conditions in and around our community with regard to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). In order to ensure the safest environment for worship we have taken precautions to prevent the spread of the virus within our congregation, while also continuing to meet virtually.
2 Timothy 1:7 tells us that God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and sound mind. In our exercise of faith, we recognize that we are also called to exercise prudence; showing care, thought toward the future, and cautiousness. This is literally the Greek understanding of what we translate as “Sound mind.”
In our precautions to care for the safety of our community, while also continuing to share the word of God, we are connecting spiritually while distancing socially. God has given us the ability to continue to advance the kingdom through new technologies, and for this we are grateful!
We encourage you to connect with us here on the website, via our YouTube channel, Facebook , Instagram, and through the church app, and consider our online giving options as you sow into the ministry work for the Kingdom of God.
Join us this Sunday from the comfort of your home.
We continue to pray for those who are impacted by this virus.
Updated: Sunday, March 14, 2021
Operating Status: Facility Closed
As we have been monitoring the situation around us to determine when the appropriate time is for us to gather physically, we have set a target date to began a phased regathering for May 2, 2021. This is subject to the circumstances in our community, direction from the State and County authorities, as well as safety considerations within our church. We take your safety very seriously. As we know that some are less comfortable than others, we are also making investments to Bethany Community Church facilities and online technological capabilities. As we make those preparation the church facilities will remain closed.
Please join us in worship via our virtual platforms.
We continue to have Sunday Worship Service, Weekly Prayer Zoom Calls each Tuesday (Hearing and ASL), Bible Study, and remain accessible through virtual formats to host meetings, and conduct small groups.
While we are physically closed, there are several ways to contact us:
- Email: [email protected] for general information
- Call: 301-549-1200
- Hand Sanitation: We have installed new hand sanitizing stations in several locations. When we regather, we ask that you use them when you are unable to wash your hands.
- We intend to have the facility cleaned prior to regathering.
- We have been performing facility enhancements.
- We are updating our technological capabilities to ensure that we provide an excellent worship experience for all of our members and guests on our various platforms.
- We have updated our software to support enhanced capabilities during our worship service when we regather.
- We continue to building upon our online service components and are in the process of establishing an online campus to support those who only connect with us virtually around the world.